Pulsar’s XP50 Trail Thermal weapon sight has a 50mm lens, feeding images to a 640 x 480 pixel 17 micron sensor. With a 50 Hz refresh rate, the AMOLED screen is refreshed 50 times per second, rendering running game in real-time, with no lag. A native magnification of 1.6x gives great field of view for fast target acquisition and makes moving-target tracking easy. If the 1.6 magnification is not enough, there are 2x, 4x, and 8x digital zooms. Keep in mind, each zoom point cuts the screen resolution in half. Visuals include ‘white hot’ and ‘black hot’ modes with 13 digital reticle options.
The Trail’s Picture-in-Picture mode uses only 1/10 of the screen for the PiP magnified box with a reticle. The PiP displays at the top of the screen, while the rest of your screen is still at 1.6x magnification, still showing its reticle. With PiP mode, you get the best of both worlds with magnification for more precise shots and a great field of view.
Tired of wasting ammo sighting in? Trail have a one shot zero function where you are able to fire you first shot, freeze the screen with the reticle on the bullseye, then move a secondary crosshair to the bullet impact point. Instant one shot zero, and with three zero profiles you can have one scope for three rifles or three separate ammo selections.
Thermal devices are known to be battery eaters. However, Pulsar’s Trail solved this problem with a detachable rechargeable battery pack that last 8 continuous hours. Several nice bonus features include on board video and pictures, built-in video recording, 8gb of internal memory, pixel repair, stadiametric rangefinder, WIFI support for iPhone and android, IPX7 waterproof, recoil rated to .375 H&H, and a sensor that will detect a man-sized target out to 2,000 yards with zero light.
- 640×480 resolution, 17Âµm pixel pitch core
- 2,000 yd detection range
- High resolution 640×480 AMOLED display
- 8x digital zoom – continous zoom and 2x, 4x, 8x stepped zoom
- Picture-in-picture digital zoom
- Built-in recording with recoil activation
- Stream Vision App connects scope to smart device for remote viewing
- External power supply adaptable
- 3 rifle profiles with 5 zero saves
- 13 variable electronic reticles
- One-shot zeroing with freeze function
- White-hot/black-hot viewing modes
- Stadiametric rangefinder
- Rock, forest and identification viewing modes
- IRIS technology, increased recognition and detection software
- Manual, automatic and semi-automatic calibration modes
- Defective pixel repair
What’s in the box?
- SB cable
- Wireless remote control
- Weaver/picatinny rail
- Cleaning cloth
- Carrying case
- Hex wrench
- Battery pack charging kit